Friday, May 7, 2010

Let there be light...

I mentioned on my last post that I went on an Ikea run to find some new lighting for my scrapbook studio. I was fed up with not being able to see what I was creating!

I wanted to take a before and after picture but Ted had already taken the ceiling fan down. So just imagine this picture with a ugly white ceiling fan...hee...(sorry for the not so great pic...I had no light! lol)
(BTW-If you are trying to figure out what is on that second shelf, under the clear jars, that is a small collection of Pez dispensers. I collect them and thought a small display of them would be fun in this room! They make me smile.)

I think another reason I was afraid to change lighting is my studio is a room on top of the garage. It was converted from a screened in porch from the previous owner so no ventilation. It gets really warm in the summer and cool in the winter, so I thought the ceiling fan was a necessity for cooling it down...but I decided to get an air conditioner just for that room. Problem solved.

Here is the after...
Here are the fixtures with the lights off...
I already worked in there a little tonight and I can't believe how much light makes a difference!I love it now! This has motivated me to share the whole room with you guys soon.

Have a great weekend. I'll be back soon with more projects from the 30 DOI...

6 comments:

Jana said...

They look awesome! Wow! Helpful AND stylish.

Carla said...

you have a cute room and I love those lights!!!! Can't wait to see it more.

Bridget said...

VERY nice! I love those types of lights.

Bridget N

Kathy Martin said...

This is what I need! :)

Sara said...

Good lighting makes scrapping so much better! Looks great & I would LOVE to see your whole room!

Happy Mother's Day!!

mary said...

You would have better lighting if you painted the ceiling white. The light would bounce off the ceiling better and lighten up your room more.