Thursday, May 5, 2011

An Unexpected Surprise...

Hello Friends. I've mentioned on the blog before that I got a new job recently. I decided awhile ago to say goodbye to my online store, Scrapbook Bakery, and begin a new chapter. (That decision was based on a desire to try something new and being a one woman show behind the scenes of an online store is a lot of work! I was really was ready to move on especially when it was time to pay taxes! I'm still going to teach classes locally though and sell Hero Arts when teaching.)


So I thought about it long and hard and I knew that I wanted to stay in the scrapbook business but I was ready to work for someone, instead of for myself. I contacted my sweet friend Jennifer to see if she needed an assistant with kitting for classes and any type of organization for all her awesome projects going on...and guess what? she did! :) I'm officially her Mario (I joke with her that I am her Mario-Tim Holtz's assistant) It's been a few weeks now and it has been great. She has always been a good friend to me but she is just as good as a boss! Look what she sent to my house for me to play with.....


A new Silhouette!!! I've been wanting one FOREVER and trying to save up some cash. When it came in the mail, I literally started crying. Things have been so hard lately, especially with the recent miscarriage, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. So, a great new job (doing things I LOVE to do) and a fabulous boss? God is good.

So if you give Heather a new Silhouette, she will probably want to play with it. :)

I thought it was only fair that the first cuts be for Jennifer. So I made her some chocolate chip cookies and made a treat box decoration for the outside of the bag with my new toy...
 I purchased the square gift box download, cut it out of striped pink paper and assembled it, using a piece of acetate for the window. I also used this as a card. So, when she removes the cookie from the box, she will find a note written on the inside. I also purchased Loni Steven's thank you download and cut it from white paper. I covered it with pumice stone distress ink and then sprayed it with perfect pearls to give it some shine.
Also, sweet Jennifer let me borrow THIS stamp set of hers so I could make some goodie bags for my friends. I'm going HERE this weekend and wanted to put together some quick favors for my friends who are going to be there (DO NOT LOOK SHANE AND JENNIE!)....
 Closer Look...
 I love this stamp set because it makes the perfect quick gift....
(Inside is candy to munch on while we're creating.)

Okay, off to pack. Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

Sara said...

YOu know what they say "When one door closes, another opens"? So true! How great to have a dream job like that! Even better is the Silohette! Very very cool!

Jana said...

I love that you are enjoying your new toy! I'm so envious that you are going to CropaDoodledo. Have a wonderful time! You enjoy it.

Jennifer said...

Adore you! :)

Rhonda Miller said...

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. I hope you're having fun with the Silohette. Enjoy your crafty time.

Kathy said...

Yipeeeeeeeee Heather so happy to hear this great news..tears and all. I bet Jennifer is the absolute most perfect boss ever. Congrats to you both. Love your gift bags...I want some cookies. So so happy for you
Hugs,Kathy

Latrice said...

I'm very excited for you. Jennifer is a wonderful person and is a perfect boss I'm sure. You two will work fabulously together. Love you both.

Love the gift bags. I'm wanting this stamp set ever since Nichol gave us those buttons. Lovely. Have a fun weekend.

Britta Swiderski said...

Yayyyy Heather! I'm so happy for you. :) You and Jennifer are going to be such a fabulous duo. Does this mean that I get to see you again at scrapfest? I hope so! Huge congrats!

Joy said...

Heather this is such good news, good things happen to good people...and what a gem she is our Jennifer...she is an angel from heaven...congrats on the position and enjoy your new toy...Hugs!

Debbie said...

Very, very happy for you! May your days be stress free and joyful!

kristina proffitt said...

That is SO wonderful, Heather! SO happy for you! I bet it's so much fun to work with Jennifer and have her as a boss. She's gotta be the best boss there is! Yay on the Silhouette, too! Awesome!

I'd love to redo your blog since I was designed for the Scrapbook Bakery. I have some deadline stuff to get done, but if you'd like me to, I can contact you in a bit and hook you up with a predesigned blog that we can customize a bit. Let me know! If you want to leave it the way it is - that is totally cool, too! I just wanted to offer!

BIG hugs! :-D

Kathy (krolski) said...

So happy for you! Sounds like your dream job! I know you'll make amazing things with your Silhouette!

Kelly said...

what a GREAT pairing! Congrats!

Judy1223 said...

Wow, what a great post full of good news and good crafts! First of all, it must be awesome to work for Jennifer. And then to get a Silhouetteat your door! You did a great job on those gift bags...makes me want to up and move to Ohio to be near all of you crafty ladies!

Jill said...

Congrats on your good news! I'm so happy for you! And enjoy that new toy!!! :)

Mary Kay said...

Congrats Heather - working with/for Jennifer would be so super cool! Love your work!

pcm said...

congratulations! What a dream job!