Monday, May 23, 2011

Weather, Winners, & Girls Getaway Layout Share

Hi! Want proof that I live in Cincinnati? Take a look....
Yep. That's hail! Cincinnati has the WEIRDEST weather. It has rained so much lately that I have considered building an ark...lol...and then yesterday it was 70 degrees out and all of a sudden a huge storm passed through with hail. Sigh. These are the days I wish I lived near the beach.

On a happier note...the WINNERS of the RAK from the last post are: KELLY RASMUSSEN and ANNA SENIW! Congrats ladies! Email me with your address and I'll get some prizes out to you. :)

Now onto a layout share. Remember when I went on a girls getaway back in March? Well I finally got around to scrapping the pics. Here is the two page layout...
 A closer look at the first page...
 and the second...
 love using the silhouette for titles...
 details of the second page...

Journaling: "It's funny how my scrapbooking hobby has introduced me to some amazing women. I had just been through a difficult time, suffering a miscarriage, and decided to go on a scrapbook retreat as planned. I did it to get away and try to start healing. I had no idea that this group of women (some I've never met before) would help me heal as much as they did. With every laugh, giggle, and smile, I felt better. I am blessed with such great friendships. God is good. (03/2011)"

That's all for now. Big hugs to all of you! :) 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

darling LO. Not sure what side of town you are on, but we're on the west side and only got a little hail. But man, that storm hit FAST yesterday! WOW! Is that the LF polaroid stamp? Love that thing!

Carla said...

cute and LO and that hail looks like a cooler of ice was dumped out!! lol!