Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Card Camp

You've probably heard about Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner's amazing Card Camp. It started today and I was so inspired that I ran to my studio to create this card using the color combo for this week...
I wanted the flag banners to have some dimension so I stamped two of them, one on top of the other and then cut it out like this...
Then, I scored between the two flags and it creates such great dimension when you wrap it around the string...
I also like stamping over patterned paper. I used my new striped echo park paper and stamped the Hero Arts Cloud background stamp right on top using Soft Pool ink. Love it. Oh, and the little clouds are from Papertrey Ink. I ran them through my big shot using a dot embossing folder to add dimension.

That's all I got for now. Off to watch the Bachelorette. She better stop talking about Bentley! lol

17 comments:

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, Heather. That is adorable!

Pam W Merwin said...

What great ideas you have with the banner stamp and stamping over your printed paper. Love how both of them turned out. Look forward to more of your cards during "camp".

Keva said...

That is SO cute. I love the way the clouds look in the background.

Unknown said...

Hi Heather - I really love your card! Great technique and such a happy card.
As your class mate over at Summer Card Camp I'm looking forward to see what you're up to next!
Hugs
//Anna

Kelly said...

super cute!

Kimberly S. said...

Love your card!! I am a camper also, and made cards yesterday for "camp". You made me LOL about your Bachelorette comment! I watched it last night, and was thinking the same thing.....stop talking about Bentley!!! What did you think about last night's show?? I loved the Bentley past....and I NEVER have said that statment before! LOL!

sheila said...

cute cute take on the color combo for camp! love your card....I'm a camper too....see you there!

donna mikasa said...

Love your card when I saw it in the Flickr pool! Thanks for sharing how you did the pennants--genius!

Fifi-T said...

Saw this in the class gallery and thought it was really eyecatching, love the background

Carla said...

wow, heather, I LOVE this!!!

Michelle said...

love it! the banner is wonderful!

Sharon D from Canada said...

So cute, Heather! Great dimension and fun design!

Dana said...

So cute! Wonderful card!!

Unknown said...

One of the cards that caught my eye in the card camp gallery... soooo cute!

N Blackburn said...

Hi Heather, I LOVE your card :) Banners are just my favourite!!! TFS!

DianeG said...

Love this banner card! Very clever to stamp it twice for dimension! TFS! See you at camp!

cheiron said...

This is a great technique. What a fun card!