Thursday, February 27, 2014

Star Cards...

Hello! Recently I got a shipment of new Hero Arts goodies and thought I'd share some cards using some of their new stamps. I'm so in love with THIS background stamp and THIS star stamp that I decided to make two cards with the same design concept, just different color schemes...






A few tips about these cards....

-Stamping the backgrounds with Distress Inks create texture. I don't usually ink up my stamps with Distress Inks for just plain ole' stamping. I usually save them for technique cards, but with this particular background stamp, it gave a cool texture. 

-I've seen lots of artists layer up die cuts on their cards to give great dimension. I did that with the stamped star piece. I didn't have a die-cut for it, so I stamped the image several times, cut them out and glued them together. Can't tell from the picture, but it gives great dimension! 

That's all for today. Thanks for dropping by! :) 

2 comments:

Anita in France said...

These are both fab, Heather ... love the distress ink background, it gives so much interest and texture! Thanks for coming by my blog and letting me know you did! Anita :)

Katie Ann Brooks said...

these are fabulous cards! I love this idea of having constellations on your card. Great details here too! :)