Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not one but two layouts....

After scrolling my blog recently I've realized that I haven't shared many layouts. I still scrapbook lots but don't seem to take the time to photograph them. Sorry. So here are two that I worked on this past weekend. (PLEASE forgive the bad photos. Too tired to redo them.)

Both layouts are about Alex's music gigs. It seems like every weekend this summer they have had a gig. They have worked so hard and I am so happy to see their hard work paying off. They got booked for their high school to play at the football games! They are so excited.

This LO's photos are from a BEAUTIFUL park down the street. Alex and I go to this park a lot to walk the trails and I remember last year him saying how cool it would be to play at the amphitheater there. Just a dream and then this year he did. So cool.....

The next one was from a local festival. They played for three hours and was rockin' the crowd. I was going for a grungy look on this one. Sprayed some Tattered Angels Spray for the background (that stuff is so fun!) and cut some metal for the stars to sit in and used Alex's black duct tape for a top and bottom border. And again, used some of Jennifer's cool alpha stamps from Studio Calico. I really like the end result because there isn't a lot of teen lines out there, so I just make it up as I go. :) You can check out Alex's band HERE.

Okay, must go to bed. Be back soon!

3 comments:

Carla said...

Love these Heather!! Especially the fun duct tape...its so punky. Way to use the tattered angels too!

Sara said...

WOW! Both the LO's & the fact that he's getting booked to do so many shows are so AWESOME!!! Great idea on using the duct tape!!

Gretchen said...

Great layouts!!! :-)

(I found you through the Hero Arts site on the blog addy roll thread.)