Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hero Arts 2011 & Tutorial

Hello! Hello! Hello! I am back and ready to share! I am happy to report that my Christmas cards are complete and will be mailed out tomorrow. Woohoo! I'm a happy girl. :)

Today, I have a tutorial using a NEW Hero Arts stamp from their 2011 Catalog. I purchased THIS stamp and I have to say it was love at first sight. lol Here is a quick card set I made with it...I have a tutorial for you on how I made these. It is a technique I use to turn regular cardstock into glossy/texture yumminess. :) See.....
Here is the play by play in case you want to try this technique...


(That great banner die is from Papertrey Ink)

A few more close up shots...

Thanks for visiting and not giving up on me. lol

Okay, off to take a hot shower and relax. Had a bad spin out on the expressway tonight due to icy roads and so happy that Alex and I are okay but I have some serious stiff muscles from tensing up! Feeling blessed. Night.

6 comments:

judy said...

Heather, sorry to hear about your
spin on the ice but glad you and your
son are o.k.! Lovely set of cards and
thanks for the tutorial.

Isha Gupta said...

Glad you are fine Heather. Lovely tutorial and card.TFS

Judy1223 said...

Wow, Heather...scary to hear about the spin-out on the road, so glad you are both OK!

LOVE your card set with that new lovely background stamp! What a great set to have on hand for any occasion!

Best wishes for a merry Christmas...so glad you finished your cards and now you can relax!
Judy1223

Carla said...

gosh Heather! Sorry about the spin out but glad you are both ok!!!
And super cute card set! I have that set on order from my LSS, along with 4 others ones. Can't wait for them to come in!
Thanks for the tutorial, I may have to lift. Need a large set of general sentiment cards.

joy said...

This is such a beautiful technique - thanks for the great tutorial! Glad that you and your son arrived home safely - these winter roads are so scary!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love your cards. thanks for sharing the tutorial! I just bought this stamp and will try your technique.