Monday, December 20, 2010

Personalized Cards & Color Recipe

Today, as I was going through my Christmas shopping lists (yes, I'm still not done yet!), I felt like I needed something to add to Betty's gift. Betty is my next door neighbor and the sweetest lady you will ever meet. She is in her mid 80's and I always find it hard to shop for her because she has everything. We go to the same hair salon and I always get her a gift certificate there and homemade buckeye and peanut butter fudge candy....but I wanted to add a little something extra so I got crafty today...I decided to make her a set of personalized cards since I know she sends out many because most of her family lives in other states. I also wanted to create a Color Recipe to show what color ink and color card I paired together, for anyone wanting to whip up a set of these for a last minute gift. If you're like me and are a HUGE Hero Arts fan, then this will be easy peasy.

To get started, pick out a background stamp. I used THIS one like I did in my last post. I thought it was elegant and classy just like Betty. ;)

I'll start with the RED group first...

You will need THIS multi pack of cards. Here's a breakdown of each card...
1. Carnation card stamped with Soft Blossom Ink
2. Punch card stamped with Punch Chalk Ink
Next, the ORANGE group...
You will need THIS multi pack of cards. Here's a breakdown of each card...

Next, the GREEN group...
You will need THIS multi pack of cards. Here's a breakdown of each card...
1. Celadon card stamped with Soft Green Shadow Ink
2. Grass card stamped with Grass Chalk Ink
3. Pine card stamped with Grass Chalk Ink

Next, the BLUE group...

You will need THIS multi pack of cards. Here's a breakdown of each card...
1. Powder card stamped with Soft Pool Shadow Ink
2. Cerulean card stamped with Cerulean Chalk Ink
3. Azure card stamped with Cerulean Chalk Ink

and finally, the PURPLE group...

You will need THIS multi pack of cards. Here's a breakdown of each card...
1. Lilac card stamped with Soft Purple Shadow Ink
2. Iris card stamped with Iris Chalk Ink
3. Aubergine card stamped with Iris Chalk Ink

Onto presentation. I LOVE THESE clear boxes from Papertrey Ink. I put each card inside the envelope flap and then place them inside like this...

except for the card that goes in the front....The final product...
I think Betty is going to love them. Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Lin said...

What a beautiful set and beautifully presented, too! Thanks for taking the time to tell us which inks were used on which color cardstocks! I know that she will so appreciate these!

Sue McRae said...

Really lovely set of colourful cards for your neighbour, she will love them! Thanks for sharing your colour recipe, I will definitely try them out.

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Great idea! Hey, I sat near you at Jennifer's class. I was by Jana. I don't think we've officially met. :)

Jana said...

These are beautiful! what a wonderful idea. she definitely will love them!

jintyoo7 said...

Fabulous set, love the clear box too. Thank you for such great inspiration.

Happy Christmas!!

Nancy S said...

I love all the card sets you have made. Handmade cards are a fabulous gift and my New Year's resolution will be to make sets for my special friends. Thanks for the inspiration!

Eveline said...

What a thoughtful and lovely gift.
Eveline.

Melissa said...

Love it! Awesome idea. I LOVE knowing all the colors of ink and paper that could go together. And I'm a reference list girly! Thanks.

Sandy said...

What a sweet gift! Very pretty and useful. Wish you were my neighbor!

Jill said...

I'm having so much fun perusing your blog tonite! I love your fun style! This set especially caught my eye- love the rainbow of colors! The personalization is such a great idea, too! Thanks for sharing how you made them, too! HUGS!

mimijudy1975 said...

These are a beautiful gift which I'm sure your friend will appreciate so much. You are so thoughtful!
Thanks you for giving us the wonderful guide for what Hero Art color combinations to use. I will be sure to keep it .

Greta said...

I loved this set the second I saw it! Are those envelopes what come with the cards? I love the shape of the flap! I'm going to use your idea for a set using my monogram stamp. Thank you!

LindaS said...

Wonderful idea - beautiful mix of colors and so elegant.