Friday, March 21, 2014

Ranger's Mini Round Ink Blending Tool

So I recently purchased one of these bad boys...
...and I'm in love. Like head over heels in love. Why? Well, lots of reasons. It's mini and anything mini to me is just plain cute. It's light weight and comfortable in my hand. I still like my larger, rectangle blending tools but they are a bit heavy and blending ink can be a workout! Ha! Also, I sometimes couldn't help but get dark lines on my project when blending with the larger blending tool. Since this one is circular, it eliminates that problem. Oh, and two come in a pack. Gotta love that. 

Now let me show you two cards I put these together in like ten minutes with this awesome tool....
I wanted to use the tool just as it was. No blending. I just wanted to create circles. So I took out my Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, and Peacock Feathers Distress Inks and inked them up on my new blending tool. Then I pressed them on some watercolor cardstock, giving them a slight twist. Once I got all my circles where I wanted, I was inspired to try the Distress Ink Splatter technique that Jennifer showcased yesterday on the Little Tangles Blog. Instead of using regular water, I tried perfect pearls with water to give it shine...
I wanted to keep the card simple but wanted the greeting to stand out a bit. I decided to die-cut the greeting out with a Hero Arts die and cut several more out of black. I glued all of the pieces together to give it some dimension, but still keeping the card simple. (The sentiment is from Paper Smooches HERE.)

For my next card, I chose Peacock Feathers and Pumice Stone Distress Inks and did the same technique...
 For this greeting, I heat embossed the sentiment from Neat and Tangled's You + Me Stamp Set...

Just wanted to share my latest love. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

DustyPenny (Joy Ott) said...

Love! Hoping to try out the mini blending tool this weekend. Miss you! xo

Kelly said...

cute!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your cards are wonderful. That is such a cool technique...I am going to try it soon. I like how the tool was used for the stamping. Super cards.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Wonderful! Gotta have that tool!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love both of these. I just got my mini blending tool, too, and hope to break into it one day soon!