Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Kit

Happy New Year everyone! I heard on the radio today someone talking about their dislike of resolutions because they are so hard to keep. They said they were going to have intentions instead. I like that. So, this year my intentions/goals will be to eat healthier, find more time for just me, become more organized, and to stop obsessing about things that I can not change. These may sound selfish but I feel that if I can become stronger in all of these areas then I will become a better version of myself that will ultimately affect everyone around me in a positive way.
Okay, enough serious stuff. lol With every new year brings new beginnings...a clean slate. I love that so I wanted to name January's kit, New Beginnings. It is available now and almost sold out. I was the guest designer this month and I had so much fun just "playing". I really want to find more time to do that. Here are some pics of what I made with the kit. 1. This layout I made was with pics from Scrapbook Bakery's first crop (also my 27th birthday). I did not want to use the jeweled word "happy" that comes with the kit, so I just used the h for my initial and then used the rest of the letters (a,p,p,y) and cut them apart and used them individually to add a little bling around the photos. The kit also comes with a scalloped circle die-cut paper so I snipped off the scallopes all the way around to make a straight scalloped border along the top and bottom of the pics.
2.This is a door knob hanger that I made into a mini-chalkboard using a chalkbord spray paint! I embellished with ribbons from the kit and the Top Secret sticky for the theme. I also tied a piece of chalk to the side and used my left over bling to border the bottom of the chalkboard.3.These cute little butterflies are magnets. The kit comes with 6 of these XL Ghost Butterflies. So, I painted the butterflies pink and after they dried I stamped (with Staz On) a definition stamp on top and then added sparkly stickers to spell out "art". I made another set of these and put my nieces initials. On the back of each butterfly, I attached a Basic Grey magnet from the kit. They work so good! Thanks for looking. I hope your new year will be filled with happiness, health, and new adventures! Here is to 2008!

2 comments:

laura vegas said...

what a fun kit ... love the colors and the butterflies! love your layout ... the design is gorgeous! and what a fun idea making those butterflies into magnets! my fridge could use something cute like that!

Sara said...

Love the yummy colors of the kit! Very fun LO! The butterflies are adorable & are just so HAPPY! Great ideas!!!