Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tired...

so, so, tired...that is why I did not post yesterday. sorry. trying to get caught up. I feel like I am swimming in to-do lists sometimes.

As promised...a peek at the layout I made over the weekend scrapping with the gals...

This LO I made for Alex has the lyrics to the song DREAM BIG. I love this song. Go to itunes and type in Dream Big....it is by Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband. Everytime I hear this song, I think of Alex. Go check it out!


In other news, my studio is still a disaster BUT I got a little farther and tested out the color of paint I want .....it is the lighter green...called Asparagus (on the right)...the pic is not great but you get the idea. I really like it. It has made my studio so much more brighter. :)


Oh, before I forget. I want to do a give-away. I've had no time to prepare a pic for it...but it is a GOOD one! So leave a comment about your favorite organization tip or place of organizational inspiration. I need help in the studio. :) I will draw a name one week from today. Good luck!

I hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back with more soon....

7 comments:

Mary said...

Well, on the better homes and gardens website I have found quite a few organizing ideas. I too needed help with ides and found some good ones here. http://www.bhg.com
I find that organization is hard to do with out a plan. Marking a certain spot for an object with a tag is a sure way to keeping it neat and tidy.

Cass said...

I must say I'm a bit of a fan of IKEA. Always awesome storage ideas there. :)

dawn said...

I have all of my clear stamps stored in a 3 ring binder inside page protectors.
Not the most original idea, but I used to have them all in a clear bin, and they would all just get jumbled together.
I also like to buy the $1 buckets and containers you can find in the dollar section at Target.

marcyfranks said...

I don't remember where I saw it originally, but I have my acrylic paints in a vintage wooden Coke crate. It is standing up ontop of my Ikea shelves (which I LOVE)! I can get 2 paints in each square. I also love glass jars! Old jars, new jars, large or small. I have 8 jars filled with ribbons, 4 jars filled with buttons, a jar with replacement and decorative bladeds for my paper trimmer, and jars with pens and glitter. I have pails and containers for pens, scissors, paint brushes and foam brushes. I also have tiny shelves in my room to display my wood stamps. The main thing in my room are my IKEA shelving units with paper trays in some cubes, boxes in others and jars and stuff in others.

Carla said...

I love that green! ANd the lo is really cute!!
As for storage ideas, my latest idea is using my 12x12 crop in style binder to store all my clear stamps and cuttlebugs...I have pics on my blog from a couple of months back.

Samantha Johnson said...

i think my favorite source of inspiration comes from other scrapper/cardmakers blogs like your and the others i visit. i'm always looking for new ideas for the stuff i've hoarded.

Anonymous said...

My brother-in-law, who's a chef has collectionof spices. And one them is this set of tube in a rack and I acquired it for storage for my buttons, eyelets, brads and all other little knick knacks. It works well for me because the glass tube allowed me to see what's inside. And oh, I labels my drawers to help me find my stuff quick.