Sunday, March 7, 2010

40 years....

My mom and dad's 40th wedding anniversary was today. We decided to celebrate by going to their favorite restaurant, Montgomery Inn Boathouse. Not only is their food incredible, the views are amazing as well. It is right on the river. If you do not live here in Cincinnati, you must try it if you come to town.

I thought I should dust my camera off (since I haven't taken a picture in what seems like forever!) and snap a few shots of the day........

After our dinner, we gave my parents their gift. We put three pics in a frame. The first from when they got married, the second one was right around the twenty year mark, and the third was recently taken. At the bottom of the frame, we had a plaque engraved with their anniversary date and celebrating 40 years........Here is a close up of the top of the frame.....
and this sweet girl cracks me up. This is my niece Lydia. I took her picture and when I was done, she told me, "again!". So here are her "poses". LOL....
What a ham! LOL

and here is a great example of how my sister always comes prepared....she brought J.T.'s DVD player so he could watch a movie and ring pops for all the kids. Easy to say, they enjoyed it! ....
J.T. .... Sisters, Taylor and Lydia....
The happy couple....
my Mom and Alex.....


Dad with his children (my sister Melissa, me, and my brother Mike)...

Dad and Mom with the Grandkids....
Uncle Ted and Lydia (she has him wrapped around her finger! lol).....


My niece, Taylor...
Alex and I.... and there's nothing like a wagon ride by the river to end the day! :)
Happy Anniversary Dad and Mom. Love you! Just look what happens to you after 40 years of marriage....from this.....
to this.... LOL!

I will be back tomorrow with some crafty stuff. Just had to share some personal pics. It's been too long! Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Jana said...

40 years! How wonderful! I love all these photos. Thanks for sharing them.

Anonymous said...

You have the best parents in the world! I love them like they are my own. -- Cathy Petersman

Carla said...

happy anniversary mom and dad!!!! Cute pics Heather, thanks for sharing!