Friday, April 22, 2011

Eighteen...

I'm not sure how it happened but my sweet Alex turned 18 last week...
(Those cupcakes were so yummy. From THIS local bakery. YUM.)



It is really difficult to put into words how I feel about Alex. Anytime I question anything in my life, I think of Alex. He is proof that God knows what He is doing and I need to trust the path He has for me. I've known Alex since he was ten and he is one of my greatest joys. He is proof that teenagers can be mature, sweet, and big hearted. He amazes me every single day and I know that he was put on this earth for great things. I'm one lucky girl to just be part of his life. Happy Birthday Alex. I love you more than you'll ever know. :)



So, for his birthday, Ted and I decided to surprise him with a t.v. for his room and let him play hooky from school (ssshhh..don't tell LOL) ....





Needless to say, he loves it...

We also celebrated with a birthday dinner with the family. To thank everyone for the gifts they brought, I whipped up these Thank You cards. Loving the new Jolee's embellishments! The guitars seemed cool enough for a teen...

A closer look...


I also finished off the inside with a "You Rock" sentiment and had Alex write the thank yous...

Okay. Must go pack up to get ready for a scrapbook day with Jennie tomorrow. More soon...

5 comments:

Carla said...

Happy Birthday to Alex! you sure are so lucky in your life to have two great guys :) and he is one lucky kid to have a mom like you!!!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday Alex! I love how much you love him. :-) And the cards are adorable

Judy1223 said...

Happy Birthday to Alex! I'll bet he is enjoying that TV in his room (my son has been begging for one but I keep resisting...of course, he is only 12). Anyway, your thank you notes are perfect, and I DO love those guitars! Great set...thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday to Alex! I love the relationship you two have! You both are lucky to have each other. And the cards are perfect for him!

Chark said...

great cards and nice gift for Alex! Have a fun year being 18!