Sunday, May 11, 2014

Getting the kids involved...

Happy Mother's Day! I have a quick share today that shows how you can get your kids involved in card making. You've probably noticed from my last few projects that I've been loving to watercolor on my cards. So, I thought it would be fun to get Aiden involved to make my mom's card for Mother's Day this year. He had so much fun...
I broke out his Crayola Jumbo Watercolor Set that he received in his Easter Basket and let him paint several pieces of Watercolor Paper. I took one of the pieces and punched out six hearts to create a Mother's Day Card...
I finished it off with some dry embossing to the background and a sentiment from Hero Arts. A simple and fun project for both mom and son!

I hope this inspires you to get your kids involved in your crafting. Have a great Mother's Day!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Great idea! Happy Mother's Day, Heather!

ThePurplePlace said...

Aweee....He is absolutely adorable and reminds me of what my boys looked like when they were his age. That gorgeous blonde hair and happy smiles....such fond memories!

I love that you include him in your work and those will be cards you can cherish forever!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Mary Dawn said...

he's gotten so so big! i hope you and your mom had a very happy mother's day, heather <3