Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Stretching Two Cards from One...

Hello and welcome. I hope your week is going well. As promised, I wanted to share the card I created from the left over die cut word from THIS card. I LOVE getting more mileage out of one card. Why not make two cards instead of one when you've already done most of the work?!
This card was inspired by Julie Ebersole on Day 4 of Watercolor for Card Makers Class

I started to create this card by masking the center of some Watercolor Cardstock with a heart punched from Masking Paper. Then I stamped different size circles (from a "vintage" Hero Arts set) using Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. I love these inks because they activate with water just like watercolors. I took a paintbrush with water and "colored"each circle to get it to spread out and achieve a watercolor look.

Once dry, I removed the heart mask and adhered the left over "love you" die cut word, after cutting the word out of white cardstock several times to get a raised embellishment look. I finished it off with glossy accents and adhered it to a green card base.

I also punched out some hearts out of my practice paper to include on the inside of the card for a finishing touch...

That's all I got for today. Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments: