Sunday, May 25, 2014

Watercolor Week Wrap Up- Day 6 and 7

I hope you're enjoying all the watercolor ideas over the past week. Today is the last day and I will share Day 6 and 7 cards. Here are the links in case you missed any posts this week...
DAY ONE
DAY TWO
DAY THREE
DAY FOUR
DAY FIVE

The first card is one of my favorite cards I've ever made. I just love the colors and how the die-cuts flowers pop against the white card base...
I layered two very bright and bold Peerless Watercolors on top of each other onto an embossed piece of watercolor cardstock, drying in between each layer. I cut some flowers out of THIS die, added THIS sentiment and some black thread onto an embossed white card base. A closer look...
HERE'S A TIP: Make good use out of the hard work you did. There wasn't much watercolor paper left from this project but I used my heart border punch to punch out several hearts from the negative space for a future card. You can also use the entire negative piece on another card and layer some patterned paper behind it...

Now it's time to share the last card of the Watercolor Week Series. This is a card I created for my hubby for Father's Day...
This card was inspired by Tim Holtz in Watercolor Class. He taught us how to stamp with a stencil using Watercolors created with Distress Inks. I didn't have lots of water on my stencil so it gave a dry look, which I like for the masculine feel of this card. A closer look...
The sentiment stamp set I used is birthday themed but I think this greeting would work for any occasion, even Father's Day. I finished off the card with a wood heart and some twine. 

Thanks so much for joining me this week. I hope you had as much fun as I did. Have a great rest of your weekend! 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather, thanks for a great series. Love your cards with watercolor tecnhiques!!!! hugs!!!