Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mint and Peach Color Combo (and tutorial)...

Hello and welcome. It's the first Thursday of the month so I'm back with a new challenge from the Little Tangles Blog....
I love mint and peach together. It's such a fresh color combo. Here is the card I created...
I took some photos for a tutorial on how I created the mint and peach embossing paste. 

Here are the tools I used to create that fun background...
-Hero Arts Inks-Mint Julep and Fresh Peach
-Neenah Cardstock cut to card size
-Washi Tape to hold stencil in place
First, you need to smoosh (very technical term LOL) some mint and peach ink onto your craft mat. Scoop out a small amount of white embossing paste next to each ink color.
And start mixing! If you want it lighter, add more white embossing paste. If you want it darker, mix in more ink.
 Next smear it on top of your stencil like icing. I wanted a thin coat. It will look like this...
 Remove the stencil and you will be left with this awesome background...
 I did another extra one in mint...
(The two examples shown here were just extra backgrounds I created since I was making a mess anyway. For my final card I mixed the two colors on one background.) 

You can create your own embossing paste color with many mediums besides ink. You can add in acrylic paint, alcohol inks, ink refills, markers. Anything goes. Experiment! 

To finish off my card, I adhered my background to a grey card base and  stamped the sentiments from THIS stamp set onto some die-cut banners. I also added some of THESE yummy sequins.

I hope you can create a mint and peach masterpiece and enter it HERE. Can't wait to see what you create. The winner from this challenge will not only get a stamp set of their choice, but also a pack of mint and peach sequins. Yay! 

Thanks for stopping by. Be back soon...

1 comments:

Ren-Yi said...

Love the tutorial! you totally rocked the embossing paste and what a brilliant idea to color it. and you're such a sweetie for posting up that picture of us! i love how we met and am sure we will continue to see each other in years to come! Thank you for having me along.