Saturday, June 14, 2008

Creative Play...the sequel

Laura and I decided to do some more creative play. This time the "rules" were to use green and yellow, a Hero Arts background stamp, and the cuttlebug. Throw in some heat embossing and this is what you get....

This is Laura's Layout:
(ETA: Laura asked me to remove her image for publication.)
She always amazes me. I just love her layout and how she used soft colors. I also love her photos. Her daughter is beautiful. Check out her blog for more details.
This is my layout: Journaling:
You were one of the few selected to create a mural to support the homeless in Cincinnati.

Your dad and I traveled downtown for the big reveal day and when I saw your mural, it literally took my breath away. It was simply amazing.

You did such a good job and we are so very proud of you. I can see your art taking you places and I can’t wait to see your future creations. You are one talented young man. Love you lots.

I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on a strip of gray cardstock (far left) and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Here is a closeup:

I love how "shiny" it makes it look. I stamped the Hero Arts background stamp on white with black ink. Just love that stamp. I won it at Jennifer's card class last week. I know I enable too much BUT you must go pick up one of these stamps because they are so much fun to use.

Okay, back to bed. I have a horrible sinus headache. Have a great weekend! Please let us know if you played along...we would love to see what you created.

3 comments:

Carla said...

What a terrific LO and great journaling...you both have me wanting to scrap tonight, been in a non-scrapping mood lately.
Love the gray strip! Really "mans" up the page and yet its beautiful.

I may join you!!!

Wendy Sue said...

How fun! I love seeing how different your layouts are - even with so many of the same elements involved! You guys are so fun!! :o)

Sara said...

Love your spin on the products you both used! I think it's such a great FUN idea to challenge each other! Keep 'em coming!