Sunday, November 23, 2008

Scraps

I decided to do the Hero Arts challenge for this past week which was to use your scraps. I had stamped a few extra of the Thank You image awhile ago so I thought I would use it on a card along with some other scraps. Speaking of scraps, I have all of my colored cardstock scraps sorted by color in a large expandable travel file. I know many of you probably already do this but if you don't, try it! This is a life saver when going to crops and saves so much time searching for the right color...Also, did you see that big U that I used on the card? That was another find while organizing my scrap room. I found SEVERAL packs of partial used letters so I decided to sort them by letter and came up with this system...

Ted bought me these small bins at a local hardware store and I labeled them and I am ready to start sorting by each letter. I think this will be so fun when doing monogram projects or making funky, mixed-up titles on pages.

In other news, I am almost done with the Twilight book. I had to take a break because I misplaced my glasses (I found them today!) and I went shopping with my mom all day (literally all day 9-9!) ....so I am looking forward to finishing it today! I'll let you know what I think when I am done.

Hope you had a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. Be back soon with a giveaway!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a good challenge! I love using up scraps! I sort my scraps by color too, but I have them in ST paper boxes. I'd love to get some of those nice plastic boxes but hubby thinks I am crazy for wanting to buy special boxes for scrap paper! LOL!