Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thinking Inking

Hi everyone! I've been playing in my studio and wanted to share. I remember Jennifer telling me on our scrapbooking trip last month about her upcoming Thinking Inking class. I couldn't wait to check it out and I FINALLY had some time to play and wanted to tackle some of her techniques that she showed during week one of her class. Here is the set I made: Card #1:

For this card, I inked the tag with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then wicked it with water. I inked the white flowers with red ink and then attached some HA buttons in the center. I tied a bow and added a sentiment to finish the tag and attached it to a HA kraft card after embossing it with the cuttlebug.

Card #2:

For this card, I inked the tag with Broken China Distress Ink and then stamped with VersaMark and water to create a watermark look. I used a white gel pen to give it a little more definition, then I added orange brads and a sentiment. I attached the tag to a HA kraft card after embossing it with the cuttlebug.

Card #3:


For this card, I applied a flower mask then heavily inked the bottom with black ink and worked my way up the tag with less ink to create a lighter look on the top. Then I removed the mask, added a sentiment and a few pearls. I attached the tag to a HA kraft card after embossing it with the cuttlebug.

Card #4:

For this card, I inked the polka dot patterned paper with Purple Distress Ink changing the look completely. Here is the paper before I inked it...Then I tied some purple string around the patterned paper and added a sentiment. Then I inked the tag with yellow ink and then stamped with a HA flourish stamp in purple. Finally, I inked the tag edges with purple and attached it to a HA kraft card after embossing it with the cuttlebug.

Supply List for all cards:
Flower Mask- Heidi Swapp
Stamps, Notecards, Buttons, Flowers, Pearls-Hero Arts
Patterned Paper-Bo Bunny
Brads-Li'l Davis
Ink: Ranger (Tim Holtz-Distress Ink), VersaMark, Memories Ink
Other: Tags and String

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to check out Jennifer's blog HERE for more info on her Thinking Inking Class. I promise you will have so much fun and your inky fingers will be worth it! lol

3 comments:

Carla said...

wow Heather! These are gorgeous! Jenn's class is awesome and I'm dying to try some of her techniques! Thanks for sharing!!

Shane said...

Hi Heather! I love these cards...very creative and unique. You know I'm going to have to give them a try and then have you show me how to do them right:) Thanks for sharing!

Sara said...

Beautiful cards Heather! Looks like a lot of FUN!!