Thursday, May 13, 2010

30 Days of Inspiration- Day 21

First, thanks for all the sweet comments from my last post. You guys are the best! I love reading your comments. Makes me smile.

Switching gears....I've been shopping online trying to come up with some storage solutions for my jewelry and came across this image...I was inspired by the hanging jewelry and thought, "I can translate that onto a card!" (Yes, it's scary how often my mind shifts to this hobby!)

Here's my translation....Both cards have gifts on the front. See that flower on the left card? It is a hair barrette made by attaching a shrinky dink flower (made from a large HA flower stamp) to a bobby pin. The card on the right has a pair of earrings hanging from the border punch I used.

*TIP-Border bunches are GREAT for hanging things like these gifts. It works well because the recipient can just pull the gift off without having to fight glue! :)

Some detail shots...I threaded the bobby pin through the border punch for easy removal for the recipient. Also, the label die-cut behind the yellow border was swiped with Spun Sugar distress ink and then sprayed with perfect pearls mixed with water. (It's really pretty and shiny in real life.)
Wanted to show how I hung the earrings from the border punch...the recipient can just pull them out...no messy glue to deal with!

Leave a link to your creation inspired by any of the inspiration days. Would love to see your translation!
Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Carla said...

Love, love this Heather! You are one creative chickie :)

Sara said...

I am amazed by how creative your mind works!! Great cards! I have something similar to keep my jewelry in but it's hidden by photos
http://www2.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=0eeeee4&Nao=21&SearchRedirect=True&Ne=4+877+878+880+5+961+6+29+3+11+14+15+12+506+17+10+1066+23+585+596+1031+8+18+904+949+833&Ntt=jewelry+boxes&SearchString=jewelry+boxes&N=4294959029+4294965155&SO=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults

Shirl said...

Wow...what a clever idea! Thank you so much for the inspiration :)

kjo13 said...

Heather

i'm not sure if i found your blog recently thru jennifer mcguire or hero arts, but so glad I did. I love your work/art and you share so much with such good descriptions/instructions.

And your family is adorable!

Again, thank you so much for sharing all your lovely posts!

Nat said...

such a great idea, I will have to try this too! :)

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is a great idea Heather! So clever!