Wednesday, May 26, 2010

30 Days of Inspiraton- Day 26

Back today with a treat for you! The super sweet Erin Clarkson agreed to join in the 30 DOI fun and I can't wait to show you what she created. I'll let her tell you all about it. Take it away Erin...

"I was so excited when Heather asked me to be a part of her 30 Days of Inspiration series. I have always enjoyed searching through websites and magazines to find unique color combinations. I found this shot from Traditional Home and immediately fell in love with the colors and stripes on the pillow. I knew it would be perfect for a layout"... "I used light and dark gray cardstock for my page background--inspired by the pillow. I wanted to bring in the bold stripes somehow, but I wasn't sure of a way to incorporate them. I basically moved on to other projects and left that in the back of my mind for a few days until I spotted a Victoria's Secret bag in my closet one morning. Perfect"... "Once I figured out that portion of the layout, the rest fell into place easily. Here is the completed page:" "I removed the ribbon and trimmed a strip from the Victoria's Secret bag, then placed it on my layout (as shown). I used an anywhere hole punch to cut through the gold circles (on the strip from the bag), then tied the ribbon back through them. The title is created using various sticker letters, and I printed my photo in B&W with a white border. I added patterned paper over the chipboard swirl to tie in the gold toned color seen on the pillow, and I added a strip of decorative tape along the right-side edge of the photo.""The journaling describes the ways in which I'm not a typical "Girlie Girl", because I don't like roses, fancy jewelry, or romance movies." ;o)"Here are the supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper (light and dark gray, lavender)Patterned Paper: Bella Blvd. (yellow/gold paper covering swirl)Stickers: American Crafts Thickers (blue foam brackets), Chatterbox (green and orange "?"s), Fancy Pants Designs (pink "girlie"), Michael's Stores (white foam/glittery), Pink Paislee (B&W artisan tape)Chipboard Flowers and Swirl: Making Memories Adhesive: Scrapbook Memories small adhesive squares (behind the blue flower)Hole Punch"

"Thanks again to Heather for inviting me to participate in the challenge, and have a great day!" ~erin

Thank you Erin for sharing your talent with us. I joked with Erin in an email asking her if she could bottle up some of her creativity and send it to me. lol I think it's a great idea...wouldn't you agree? :)

Be back soon...

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Creative and SOOOOOO cool! Love that you used that bag! :)

Scrapamum said...

Great layout! I love what you did with the bag!!!