Wednesday, July 7, 2010

3 More Ideas...

for cards for kids. I've been working on creating some more cards for Grace (see THIS post for more info.) and thought I'd share some.

First up, another joke card. I love making joke cards. This one was especially fun because I created the pizza from the banner pendants from THIS stamp set. I always thought it looked like a slice of pizza so I just added the crust. :)

Q: "How do you fix a broken pizza?" A: "With tomato paste!" LOLTHESE gems make the perfect pepperoni slices. Next up is my favorite card. Inside the card I am including that watercolor set so Grace can paint the butterflies on the front of the card...What makes it even more fun is the butterflies are embossed with white embossing powder, so when she paints them, the design will resist and show through....I think I like it so much because it reminds me of those paper pads as a kid where you had to use a special marker to reveal the hidden message. :)

And I also created a coloring book for Grace....I used a pink library pocket to hold a booklet of tags. When you pull it out, this is what you see..Inside are more tags filled with images I stamped for Grace to color with her new crayons.
I'm just slipping the whole thing into an envelope like I would a card. This is a great project to make for children and slip it in your purse for quick trips out. Keeps them busy. ;)

If you want to see even more Cards for Kids inspiration, visit my friend Jennie's blog. She has some super cute examples.

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

Hand Me a Stamp said...

I seriously LOVE those tags! I have 5 nieces and nephews that would LOVE these on their long car rides :)

Nichol Magouirk said...

Heather...you seriously make THE BEST cards for kids. You inspire me, girl! Truly!

Nancy said...

Amazingly inspired ideas for Grace. From the fun riddle card to the painting and coloring kits, I'm so impressed...you are such a genius! Grace will love these!

Latrice said...

Great minds think alike. Check out this one I did a few weeks ago! Love the coloring book ideas!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28511212@N06/4683621448/

pcm said...

WOW! so creative! So are those jokes original or do you have a source?

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow, Heather! You do such an AMAZING job with your cards and other creations for the kids drive. Bless you!

Kelly said...

Cute and so thoughtful! Those are just great, Heather!

Barbara said...

Your cards are beautiful and brilliant! I love the colouring idea and the pizza is just way too cool!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Your cards are sooo cute and what a neat idea to include coloring kit!!

Tiffany Heilman said...

Wow, this is so amazing! it is very hearwarming and I love those cards - esp. the butterfly one!

Ayana Posadas said...

These are all soooooooo cute!!! You are seriously so clever and creative! I love your ideas! :)

Heather Innusa said...

what w fabulous idea!!

Sara said...

Heather you are going to make her day! Your cards are AWESOME!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the white with the paints!!

Carla said...

Heather, these are truely amazing!!!! OMG, what great ideas and Grace will love these!!!

Victoria S. said...

Wow Heather - you are so kind and thoughtful, giving and CLEVER! Love your cards and coloring butterflies and coloring book - Grace is goin to love all of those! YOU inspire us!

ivy said...

genious! love the stamping on tags idea!!

Cassie_lu said...

these are perfect for her and the idea of them as a gift inside a gift is great

Katie said...

You are so generous with these little gifts for Grace. I'm sure she'll love them. Thanks for the ideas on a way to keep my kids entertained on a cross-country flight this week!!! I've gotta get busy!

Cathy Pascual said...

wow! great idea!!!!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Oh my! These are absolutely wonderful! I'm sure Grace will LOVE them! Hugs, Val

Amy Sheffer said...

These are awesome! What great ideas! I especially love the "secret" embossed patterns on the butterflies. Incredible!

Traveling Mama said...

These are just perfect! Love each idea so much and I'm sure Grace will too!!

One Scrappy Gal said...

You always make the very best cards for kids that I have ever seen! Oh yeah, and I said that before reading what Nichol said.

One Scrappy Gal said...

You always make the very best cards for kids that I have ever seen! Oh yeah, and I said that before reading what Nichol said.

Anonymous said...

Man, this is SO clever. I don't have kids but if I ever have to give a present again to one, I know what to do! Btw I've just stumbled onto your blog via Jen McGuires post and I'm now subscribed - you make awesome stuff! Best wishes from Germany! Nina