Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Snip...Snip...

Hi friends! I recently purchased THIS stamp because I thought it would be a perfect gift for my hairdresser, Kay!

She has been a friend of mine for a LONG time. I remember when she gave me my first spiral perm when I was eight and because I have super thick hair (and it was SUPER long at the time), she had to help hold my head walking to the dryer. And it took so long that I remember she went out and got me some dinner! LOL She did my hair for all my school dances and my wedding. She is also my scrappin' buddy. I recently got her hooked on this hobby! Hee...another one bites the dust! :)

She is just one of the nicest people I know and I wanted to do something special for her just because. So, I bought her the stamp mentioned above and made her this quick little card set to give her today when I got my hair cut...
I thought these cards would be perfect for her to give to her clients.

I stamped the image in black and embossed with clear embossing powder to give it some shine.
This works so much better for me than using black embossing powder....just doesn't like me and always turns out blotchy.

A closer look...
Well, that's all I got for now. Going shopping with my son. He wants a new outfit for his music gig on Friday night! ;)

6 comments:

Carla said...

that stamp is SO adorable!! how nice that you made those cards for your hairdresser! So cute that she's been with you for so long.

I remember those perms! I had long hair too and they would put 2-3 curlers on each section. I looked like Marge Simpson, lol!

Sara said...

Now that is a CUTE stamp!! I bet she'll love the cards! So nice that you've known her all this time & share scrapping fun!

Anita Rex said...

Black embossing powder doesn't like me either! Did you use black pigment ink? Love these cards absolutely perfect for your hairdresser!

Unknown said...

Love these! As a hairdresser and a scrapper, I may have to just get that stamp for myself!!

Nancy S said...

Great cards! How did you line up the stamp so well on them all?

laura vegas said...

these are so cute! what a perfect gift for your hairdresser!