Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fun with Flocking

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love Nichol Magouirk's work. She is SOOOOOO talented! I was catching up on her blog posts the other night and I was inspired! She enabled me to buy more of those super cute Imaginisce stamps from her post HERE (I only had the crab seen HERE and had to get the rest of the sea critter cuties!)

She also made me get out of my comfort zone and try something new! I've never used flock before and had to give it a try thanks to her post HERE. I never knew it was so easy and fun but thanks to her video, I'm hooked.

I thought I would try it out on some cards for CARDS FOR GRACE. (You can find all the info. HERE) ...
I decided to make three more joke cards but these cards have non-traditional openings. It's a flat card and the white flap flips up to reveal the punchline...
Punchline-"Can I hold your hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand, hand? ha!

Can you see that some parts of the octopus is shiny? I used glossy accents and I used pink flock on her flower.

I think this one is my favorite...
Punchline: "Because they have scales!" LOL

I used yellowish-orange flocking on his tummy. It's ADORABLE in real life...The next one I decided to use a bit of red flock on the heart...Punchline: "To get to the other tide!" hee.

I hope you can make some cards for Grace!

I'm off to clean up my scrap mess. Night! :)

9 comments:

Jana said...

These are adorable!

Sarah J Moerman said...

Too cute! I just bought some flocking for the 1st time too. Need to try it out yet. You're just rockin' these kids cards!

Joy said...

These cards are the sweetest Heather, so cute and you and Nichol are really enabling me to get that flocking..LOL, won't that be a shame to have to buy more crafting products :)

Nancy said...

Love these, they are simply delightful. The flocking is perfect for kids cards, adds some fun and texture to an already adorable card.
Your cards are so inspiring!
bless you,
nancy

Carla said...

I love those stamps Heather and the cards are SO perfect for kids. I'm amazed how many cards you are able to complete. I can't remember the last time I made a card! I think its been 2 months!

donna mikasa said...

Simply adorable cards! I had to visit to find out the answers to your riddles! So clever--Grace will love these!

Kathy Martin said...

Oh my gosh, are these ever CUTE! :)

Nichol Magouirk said...

these are seriously THE cutest cards! you ROCK the Cards for Kids cards. AMAZING!

Sara said...

These cards are SUPER ADORABLE!! Love the flocking (never tried it before)! And I agree, Nichol's videos are so inspiring!!