Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A couple of layouts....

I forgot to share some layouts that I mentioned here awhile ago that I wanted to finish up. They are both of Alex, the sweetest 16 year old I know. Love him so much. :)

The first layout is of his first day of his junior year of high school.... (Please ignore the wire that is poking out on all sides. I just purchased a new stand to help photograph layouts and its a little too big but it has to work for now!)

Isn't it great that he still lets me take first day of school pictures. Maybe its because he realizes that there is no point in fighting it, I will win. lol I didn't want to do a lot of journaling so I thought I would mix it up and have him sign his name and put the date. It was a way to have him involved on the page.
(BTW, that tag was white so I blended Broken China distress ink over it.)

The next layout is of his band playing before the football game....

Lots of mixing patterns and textures. Here's another shot...

I'll have to keep this post short because my hubby and I are planning a trip to Chicago this weekend for our five year anniversary. So excited! Be back soon...

3 comments:

Carla said...

I love the just chillin paper on the first one!! the colors are so cool!! so nice that you have such a sweetie like him!!
I can't wait for our visit on Saturday...have a safe trip!

Sara said...

AWESOME LO's Heather!! Love the band one with the collage of each member & how you had him sign his name on the 1st day LO! Great ideas! Have fun on your trip & HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

laura vegas said...

great layouts heather! love that you had alex write his name on the tag on that first layout ... i always say i'm going to get my girls to do that, and then i forget. lol! and i just LOVE that band layout ... it's so cool!