Saturday, October 3, 2009

World Cardmaking Day

Okay, so I am a little late but better late than never right? lol Just had to play today and make some cards. I found these cards in a set at Target......
but I felt they needed just a little something so I made them look like this.... For the yellow card I added a few pearls in the center of some flowers and for the green card I added a white flower that I've been hoarding because its so pretty! lol For the dark pink card, I just added a few strips of polka dot ribbon and on the blue card I placed some buttons where the dots were.....Just something fun to show how you can quickly change a store bought card to make it your own. I also made this thank you card set...Thanks for stopping by! Be back soon with some Halloween ideas.....

5 comments:

Carla said...

wow Heather!! Way to work those store bought cards!! Great idea to put your own touch on them!
I adore the butterfly cards too...love the kraft scalloped circle!!

Krys72599 said...

Thanks, Heather.
Do you know how many times I've looked at sets like that in Michael's or in AC Moore or in the local dollar store and thought, "I HAVE to be able to do something with them!"
But I don't buy them 'cause I think I'll never match the colors...
I'm going to use this idea for holiday presents for my cubicle mates here in the office!

Lydia said...

what a great idea to revamp the stor bought, love it, great job!

Sara said...

What a great idea to step-up those store bought cards!! You make me want to make more cards

laura vegas said...

LOVE the butterfly cards! i never think to make more than one card at a time ... why is that? lol!