Tuesday, September 28, 2010

HA Pairing Up Challenge-Day 2

Back today with another card from the Hero Arts Pairing Up Challenge. Judy and I decided to work with THIS stamp set because we both love it so much...and the theme we chose is near and dear to my heart. We decided to make cards for the CARDS FOR KIDS CARD DRIVE. Here is what I came up with...
I was inspired by paper dolls so I decided to turn this into an activity for the child. You know I love to make things interactive! :) I made the dress removable with some velcro...
(By the way, that shine you see in her hair was added with a gel pen, just for fun!)

and the inside of the card has three dresses ready for the child to color, remove (they also have velcro on the back of them), and place on the girl on the front of the card...
Love the idea of this activity possibly keeping a child's mind off being in a hospital and being sick, even for a few minutes. Makes me smile.

As always, don't forget to see Judy's take on the challenge HERE.

Okay, I'll see you tomorrow with yet another card and challenge.

15 comments:

Carla said...

I love this card!!! The idea of changing her into different dresses is awesome!!!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a darling card, Heather! I love the little dresses to be colored!!

Froggietalks said...

That is wonderful Heather, that you added some dresses to be coloured and used on the girl on the front of the card. I love that idea!

Martine said...

what a cute card!! and I love that you made the little interchangeable dresses! what an awesome idea!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Heather...how wonderful! I bet this card will provide hours of fun in a child's life. How totally creative and fun...what little girl wouldn't love to design her own doll dresses by coloring them and then play dress up on the card front? Ingenious!

One Scrappy Gal said...

Heather, What a beautiful and caring mind you have! Every time you come up with one of these wonderful creative interactive cards, I wish I had thought of it. The kids will LOVE the paper doll clothes!

Daria Z. said...

Heather, this is so sweet. Love the idea of the interchangable clothes. What a fun card!

Nathalie said...

OMG Heather, you're a genius. How do you come up with these awesome ideas? I love what you do.

jintyoo7 said...

AMAZING!!! how innovative, some little girl is going to love this - so pretty too.

Deb Walker Deb Stamps Life, LLC said...

Great fun Heather! Someone special will love to receive this creation!

Heather Innusa said...

Such a cute card!! You're always awesome with these!! So fun!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a neat idea to use the velcro! The kids will love this!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Super cute card!

Sara said...

HEATHER!!!! This card is so so sweet!! LOVE it!!

A said...

Heather, this is such a neat idea! My daughters would love this. You are so creative. It was great to hang out with you on Saturday. I learn something from you each time. and..I love to hear you and Shane laugh:)