Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HA Pairing Up Challenge-Day 3

Today, Judy and I decided to use THIS great Hero Arts background stripe stamp...
Our theme for today is Christmas. Immediately when I saw the stripes, I thought of a candy cane. Here is what I came up with...
It's hard to tell in the picture, but I added some glossy accents to the candy cane to give it some shine. I'm addicted to that stuff! LOL ...Take a look at what Judy created with the challenge HERE.

Well, I must go. Something is calling my name. I just picked up a copy of this today...

and a Starbucks Hot Chocolate. I'm off to enjoy. Heavenly.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Carla said...

so glad you got your magazine Heather!!! And I really love that card! Great idea to make a candy cane stripe with it :)

Virginia L. said...

LOve the candy cane and the stripy background!! FABULOUS design, Heather!

Judy1223 said...

Heather, I love the glossy candy cane! I also love the stripes on the diagonal...thinking "outside the box" is not something I do very well, but you sure do!! What a great Christmas card. Boy, this week is flying! I hope you are having as much fun as I am!
Judy

Sara said...

That is such a cute card!! Love that stamp....I've been eyeing it for awhile...now I REALLY want it AND that magazine!!

jintyoo7 said...

Wonderful card, love how you stamped the stripes diagonally. The twine looks great wrapped round several times too.

Nancy said...

wonderful design...love those candy cane stripes in the background!

Agata said...

Great idea! Very creative!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Cute, cute card! Love the diagnol stripes! Can't wait to get that magazine too!