Thursday, September 30, 2010

HA Pairing Up Challenge-Day 4

I'm having so much fun with these challenges. I hope you enjoy seeing what Judy and I create! Thank you ao much for the sweet comments. I read each and every one and it makes me smile.

For today, we decided to use THIS gorgeous Hero Arts Butterfly stamp...
and Distress Inks. I decided to make a set of cards. Here they are....

(if you want to see this picture larger, click HERE)

To create these cards, I stamped four butterflies in black onto white cardstock. I colored them by adding distress ink to each one (barn door, wild honey, shabby shutters, and chipped sapphire) and then sprayed them heavily with pearlized water. Here's the shine close up...

I cut them out after they dried and to finish them off, I stamped THIS background stamp (my new favorite) in tone on tone color for each card. Then I added a greeting and some black string for the butterfly's antenna.

Check out Judy's awesome creation HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll be back tomorrow to wrap up the HA pairing up challenge...

5 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Oh, Heather! What a great set of cards! Love the colors you used to distress the butterflies, and I REALLY love the shimmer effect!

Billie A said...

Beautiful set of cards, love the colors so simple but beautiful.

Lisa H. said...

I love these cards! So bright and colorful and I didn't think I would use that background stamp but I've seen so many awesome ideas with it I may be putting it on my xmas list! :) can't wait until
tomorrow!

Kathy Martin said...

Lovely! Great array of colors! :)

Sara said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card set!! So simple but BEAUTIFUL!! I need to make some of these! You make me want to buy distress inks.