Thursday, May 28, 2009

American Crafts Cardstock Challenge

Hi all! Back with another challenge. I seemed to be hooked on them lately! lol

The challenge was to use American Crafts cardstock, which by the way is AWESOME, and create a monochramatic layout. Here is my take on the challenge...This LO is about my trip to Cornerstone last month with the girls. The journaling reads, "Every year the girls and I travel to a scrapbook retreat house for a mini vacation of scrappin’ and relaxation, a crafter’s paradise."

To create the paradise title, I used American Craft's gumbo sticker letters but they were not the right color so I layed them down and brushed some paint over the top and then peeled the letters off. I used the sticker letters as a mask and then outlined the title with a black marker to make it pop.

Supply List:
All supplies are from American Crafts with the exception of the luggage symbol rub-on, clear circle tag, and buttons.

Speaking of my Cornerstone, I am heading there in just a few hours with Jennifer and Jana for a spur of the moment weekend trip. Can't wait! I'll be back Sunday night....

3 comments:

Carla said...

Wow! love the color scheme and its perfect with the b/w photos!! TFS!

Barb said...

Oooooh, I followed your link from the AC blog... I love your page. How clever to use your stickers as masks because they weren't the right colour. I love the result! :)

Unknown said...

What a great page! Congrats on your win!!