Friday, May 15, 2009

A Little Red Balloon...

Isn't it funny how a little red balloon can put a smile on your face? I was having a rushed morning and getting into a grumpy mood quickly when I went to take Alex to school and saw something in the front yard and thought, "Great! More trash in our yard!" (We live on a busy street and get a lot of trash because of the traffic) Well, when I came back it was on the other side of the yard so I thought I would get out and get the balloon just to get it out of the yard when I saw that it had a tag on it. I immediately thought it might be from the local elementary school, which is really close to our house until I read the tag.... The balloon traveled here to Cincinnati from Missouri! That just made me smile and got me out of my grumpy mood real quick. I'm thinking of sending a letter to the address.

Switching gears..... I also had a few cards to share:

This one was inspired by Mary Macaskill. I love all of her creations but THIS card she made really caught my eye. Here is my take on her card....

For the next card I created the background by dry brushing pink acrylic paint lightly, in different directions. I really like the result....And last but not least, here is one I did for Dawn McVey's color challenge last week....

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

sideoats + scribbles said...

That balloon is too cool! :)

Love the cards, too! :)

Sara said...

So cool that the balloon flew that far! Your cards are so pretty--I just love them!