Thursday, May 28, 2009

I need to vent.....

ETA: I made it! I was surprised with a rental car to get me to my scrapbooking retreat. :)

so yeah, I'm supposed to be in Indianapolis at Cornerstone right now scrapping and having fun with new friends and where am I? I'm at home. I had some major car trouble on the way and had to pull over about twenty minutes into my trip. :( I would just take my hubby's truck but it is a stick and I can't drive a stick. Ted keeps insisting on taking me but that would be a 5 hour trip back and forth. I just can't do that to him but he is oh so sweet for offering!

This has just been one of those weeks...on Monday, my parents had to put down our family dog. she was 16 years old. So sad. I miss seeing her when I go over there. Yesterday, Alex came home to tell me that his sweet friend Jennifer (from middle school) was in a coma due to having TWO brain annurisms (spelling??). A perfectly healthy girl. SO sad. He is completely beside himself. Anyone who knows Alex knows that he doesn't like to see others suffer. He has such a big heart and it is hard to watch him deal with this. My prayers go out to her and her family. I simply could not imagine. And now, car trouble. Not the biggest issue in the world. We are healthy but I was really looking forward to this trip. I decided to go spur of the moment b/c my birthday is on Tuesday and I just wanted to have some fun! Bummer.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Just really needed to vent.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Oh gosh sorry Heather! I think you certainly deserve to vent. Hope your son's friend recovers soon. Let us know.

laura vegas said...

so sorry heather. that really stinks that you didn't get to go. and so sweet of your hubby to offer to take you ... you have a keeper there :)

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

It may be too late now, but did you give any thought about renting a car. You can get them pretty cheap these days. Hope Alex's friend makes it.. so sad.