Thursday, April 22, 2010

30 Days of Inspiration- Day 11

Hello friends. I'm finally feeling back into the creative groove. Today's inspiration is a basket of flowers that I received from my sweet friend Shane. She sent these to us after Ted's dad passed away. Little did she know that my father-in-law loved to garden and had quite the green thumb! I was happy to see these flowers were in pots inside the basket, ready to be planted outside. It is the perfect reminder of him. Aren't they pretty?...And since I am so thankful for a friend like Shane, I thought it would be a good idea to make a thank you card...It was hard to photograph but there is a really pretty sheen on top of the purple. I sprayed the paper (after stamping the flower image) with a mixture of water and perfect pearls. Something I learned in one of Jennifer's class. I love the result...Okay, I need to announce some winners now! The winner from the Band Pics Review (Thank you for all of your comments...you helped me choose which ones are going up on my wall!) is....TIFFANY HEILMAN! I also chose TWO winners randomly from the 30 Days of Inspiration comments and the winners are....CANDY (CLWILKER) and DENEEN! Congratulations Ladies. Email me with your address and I will get your goodies out to you.

Remember, the prizes are not gone yet! Keep leaving your comments (I love to hear from you!) and/or participate in the inspiration challenge (by leaving a link in the comments section to the project you have made inspired by one of the inspiration pictures.) I can't wait to see what you create!

Before I go, I must share a picture of the man I am missing badly tonight....This is Alex with his Grandpa. It's hard to believe he is gone. This picture was taken one year ago on Alex's 16th birthday (and is the perfect reminder why I love this hobby so much...celebrating our loved ones-documenting cherished memories!). As we celebrate Alex's birthday this year, I never would've thought he would not be here to celebrate with us. Miss you Dad.

Okay, must go to bed....going on a college tour with Alex tomorrow. Night!

1 comments:

Carla said...

glad to see you back and I'm sorry again about you're loss.
Gorgeous card Heather :)