Thursday, April 1, 2010

30 Days of Inspiration...

*ETA: Scroll to the bottom of the post to see how to submit your work inspired by the inspiration pieces. Can't wait to see what you create! I will announce the winners of the prizes at the end of the month!
Introducing...For the month of April, I will showcase a card, project, or layout each day and show what inspired the piece. It can be as simple as today's inspiration, a paper trimmer....I absolutely love this trimmer. By NO means did I need a new trimmer (I have three other ones!) but I recently purchased this one from Fiskars because Jennifer told me to. She was right, it's amazing. She is the best enabler! LOL

Here is the card I created using the trimmer as inspiration...
It's obvious that I pulled my color combo from the trimmer and I'm so glad I did because I would never group these colors together, but I think the combo works great! I also stamped a Hero Arts fern stamp (you will see A LOT of Hero stamps used during these 30 days!) using baby blue acrylic paint inspired by the botanical print on the trimmer. (Click HERE to see how to stamp with acrylic paint.)

And...if you look close, the paper underneath the gray is a grid line patterned paper to resemble the grid on the trimmer. Oh, I also rounded the corner of the gray piece just like the trimmer. The metal accents were used because of the metal guide on the trimmer (which is super handy btw!).

Okay, now for the fun part. I am getting LOTS of prizes lined up so here's how you can play along! ....

-Leave a comment to any of the posts (today's post and/or future posts) with a link to your creation inspired by the object for that day. For example, today you would leave a link to a creation inspired by the trimmer above to this post. Make sense?

-At the end of the month, I will I will pick several winners (for different categories) to send out prizes to. So play along everyday or just the days you feel inspired. Can't wait to see your creations!

Email me with any questions! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Carla said...

adorable card Heather!! I am always inspired by objects around me but I never seem to actually go through with it. You inspired me to do that!

Jana said...

So cute! And I bought the trimmer too. Darn her! :-)

Janet Wilson said...

Very clever, I would buy anything Jennifer told me to, too. She is a genius. Love your card.

Unknown said...

This sounds like fun Heather I hope I can find a moment to play along

donna mikasa said...

Such a cool card! And to think your inspiration came from a paper trimmer! Amazing! Hope to play along!

Jen Vincent said...

Fun idea...but does this mean I actually have to break out my card-making supplies? I haven't scrapped or stamped in a long time. That's the problem with turning the "Craft Room" into a play room. I am definitely inspired though...by your paper cutter and your new blue shoes!!! (Rock them for me, girl, I'm not supposed to wear heels while being preg-o). :)