Saturday, April 3, 2010

30 Days of Inspiration-Day 3

Today's inspiration comes from Anthropologie. I am loving THIS dress...
I love the colors but felt it needed one more to make it pop. I thought about possible accessories I would wear if I could afford the dress (LOL) and immediately thought of a yellow rose ring I have. So I added a splash of yellow to my card....
The dress inspired the black and white paper from its bold print and the string reminded me of the straps. I used die-cut paper to give curves to the card to replicate all the different lines in the dress. I also added some black tulle to my card because the dress seemed "airy". Here is a detailed shot of that yummy tulle...
So how do you like the 30 Days of Inspiration so far? Remember, you can play along. I would love to see how these pieces inspired you. Click HERE and scroll to the bottom of the post to see how to submit your work. There will be some goodies I will give out at the end of the month! :)

Alright, I need to go and get my nieces and nephews Easter baskets ready for tomorrow. Night!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Such a pretty card! And beautiful inspiration too.

Jen Vincent said...

I love the dress! I'm in major clothes lust right now seeing as I'm almost 7 months pregnant and maternity clothes are only so cute...even the cute clothes I find, I hate spending money on because I know I'll only be able to wear them for such a short time. I need to shop for card-making supplies instead I think!!!! I'm glad it's only the 4th and I have time to submit...I'm slowly getting motivated by your inspirational posts!!!!!!!

Jill said...

I'm really loving the tulle on the card- FAB! Your blog ROCKS!